Online education has picked up steam all around the world, thanks to rising internet penetration and adoption of mobile services. As more and more students turn to online training for their learning requirements, learning management systems are witnessing unprecedented growth. With so many options available, how does one pick the right LMS software? Top E-Learning web development companies around the world feel that Moodle is one of the best open-source LMS platforms out there. Are you still unconvinced? Here’s a look at why Moodle development is the best when it comes to Open Source LMS software.
What is an LMS?
A Learning Management System, better known as LMS, is a tool that helps e-learning professional’s work and share knowledge. A robust and versatile LMS will help you create courses, manage students, track and gauge performance and also handle payments. Therefore, a good LMS helps e-learning professionals handle all their online learning development needs. They may be both open-source or paid, and a lot of start-ups prefer to take the open-source option to cut developmental costs.
What Questions to Ask Before Choosing the Right LMS?
- Does the LMS you are going to have an active, supporting and engaging online community?
- Is the LMS compatible with other third-party widgets, plug-ins, and features?
- How good is your LMS’s user interface?
- Is the LMS intuitive?
- How mobile-friendly is the interface?
- How well does it support e-commerce integration?
- How much time and effort does it take to maintain your LMS?
- To what level does it handle analytics and reports?
- Does your LMS have a secure payment portal integration?
What is Moodle?
Moodle is a community-driven, open-source LMS platform that is insanely popular all around the world. A group of Top Moodle development companies India, ensure that the software comes equipped with everything e-Learning professionals require. Moodle allows both corporates and educators to create personalized and private learning rooms. It also contains a lot of tools that educators can use to create engaging sessions. In many ways, Moodle helps in encouraging collaborative learning. Furthermore, the Moodle Mobile app ensures that your students can stay connected even when they are on the go. With the number of mobile devices surging in recent years, this added feature helps in making e-learning more accessible.
Features of Moodle
- 9th with regards to User Experience list and 6th when it comes to Customer Experience
- Can be put to use by administrators, teachers, educators, and learners
- Helps create highly personalized learning environments
- Easy download and installation
- Built by Moodle Project, coordinated by Moodle HQ and financed by over 80 different service companies from around the world
Why Moodle Development is the Best
- It has a proven track record, having powered thousands of educators and their learning environments from around the world. It is a trusted learning platform that helps run everything from small playgroups to large institutions. Some of the universities that run thanks to Moodle are Shell, London School of Economics, New York State University and Microsoft. All in all, the open-source LMS powers the education of over 90 million users, making it the world’s most used LMS.
- The software developers have years’ worth of experience in the field of LMS and E-Learning development, making them able administrators. Top Moodle development companies around the world, help in making this a valuable tool that is learner-centric.
- The user-face is incredibly intuitive and user-friendly, thanks to its drag-and-drop tool and well-documented help files and resources. Furthermore, Moodle developers keep coming out with new updates that plan on further improving the system’s usability.
- Another essential feature that makes Moodle so great is that it requires no licensing fees, and is hence wholly free. It is an Open Source LMS platform, as per the GNU Public License and therefore can be used by anyone freely. This gives educators the right to use, enhance, modify and extend features of this platform to help impart learning to students around the world.
- Thanks to a dedicated team of Moodle developers, the software always remains up-to-date and relevant. As it is open-source, the software is continually evaluated, reviewed and revised, making it extremely user-friendly and flexible.
- Since Moodle supports multi-lingual capabilities, it helps in disseminating knowledge to people from all parts of the world. This helps in shattering geographic and linguistic barriers in education tremendously. Everything from classes to resources and support is available on the platform in a plethora of languages.
- The Moodle platform is extremely flexible and intuitive. It supports both blended-learning and online courses which require collaborative tools. Furthermore, the Moodle tool-set makes it very easy to integrate third-party tools and widgets. Since it is open-source, Moodle is also easy to customize and personalize.
As is evident from above, in many ways, Moodle is far superior to other LMS platforms. Its modular set-up, extensive capabilities, and active support help make it a robust LMS platform. The interoperable design also enables developers to integrate third-party applications with ease to further improve its accessibility and functionality. With more and more students and teachers switching to online methods of teaching and learning, it is safe to say that Moodle will keep growing and expanding in the years to come.